Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Are You Ready for Your Closeup?

Listening to: Backyardigans

Mood: Calm and slightly incredulous

I get Time Magazine and generally enjoy reading it a lot. It helps me feel connected to the world and politics around me. I just read an article in Time last week about having your own personal paparazzi. Wait a minute. What? Why in the world would you want this?

I’ve always given kudos to the uber-capitalist society that we live in here in America. It’s really an amazing system. However, how do you fool people into thinking this is a good idea? I imagine this kind of service can’t come cheap, and that people with money like this to spend have at least a few more functioning brain cells than the rest of us. So how do you possibly convince people that they should spend money to have a camera hound chase them and spill all their secrets? What kind of narcissistic ego issues must you have to want this when you’re not famous? Even famous people detest the paparazzi. Why, just why?

I definitely need to develop a product or service like this. If you’re stupid enough to part with your money for things like this, why in the world should I not cash in?!
Becky

No comments: