Saturday, March 22, 2008

All Hail to Cannon Powershot

Listening to: Elder daughter taking a bubblebath
Mood: Calm


So I got a new camera recently and I am uber excited about it. I bought an “el cheapo” digital camera off of E-bay 3 years ago and while it works okay, there is a lot left to be desired in the matter of shakeage and taking pictures in a low light setting. It has 6 megapixles which was pretty much all that was available at the time. It’s a ghetto booty camera from China, but has done a decent job if you don’t try to take pictures in less than full sunlight. I bought a 12 megapixle ghetto booty camera off of E-Bay the next year, but I’m not even gonna talk about that camera. It just sucks that badly.


I’m a picture taking person. The advent of digital cameras excited me to no end because you didn’t have to pay for crappy pictures anymore. You could see them instantly and just throw away the not so great ones and try again. No worries about blinking or looking away when the pictures was taken. Not to mention not paying development fees. Anyhow, since we have a recent new addition to our household (the pint sized daughter) I started bugging hubby to get a better camera so that we could forever preserve this joyous time. Okay, actually I was just getting REALLY fed up getting fuzzy pictures thought I could swear I was still as a statue. They looked clear enough on the microscreen of the camera, but would then be fuzzy on the computer.


So I’m having some fun playing around and taking pictures of both my family and some other neat stuff, which I LOVE to do. I probably couldn’t make it as a pro photographer, but I think I have a good eye and I really enjoy taking pictures.


While I haven’t read the manual so I understand what each button does, I would highly recommend this camera to an amateur who wants to point and shoot and come out with pretty nice pictures.



Here's a picture I took with the camera of the Kensico Dam in Valhalla New York on a sunny day:















Becky

No comments: