Friday, October 22, 2010

Mummy in the Carpool Lane


Listening to: The genius that was/is Freddy Murcury singing Bohemian Rhapsody
Mood: Shifty

Let’s file this one under the same type of WTF as having a homeless person living in your closet. My husband told me last night about a woman who had been driving around for a while with a mummy in her car. Of a homeless woman that she was letting sleep in said car. Seriously. Here’s the link for the story if you want to read it:


Just stop and think about this for a moment……….Ok, yeah, so it doesn’t make any more sense than it did before, does it. Let me tell you, the confusion only grows as time goes on. Apparently the living woman was afraid of getting into some type of trouble, so she simply left the body in the car.The only thing that I could get out of my mouth when my husband told me this is “How in the world would that seem like a good idea??” That and to note that it wouldn’t really matter how many boxes of baking soda you drove around with, there is absolutely no way you could get rid of the smell, nonetheless make it tolerable. Seriously, a dead body. Baking soda is just not going to cut it. There goes the resale value of the car. Oh, don’t mind the smell; she just drove around for a while with a dead body. But look at that beautiful paint job! Another thought – who lets a homeless person sleep in their car? I applaud the thought, but who does that? Homeless people aren’t always clean due to lack of facilities, that in and of itself had to be a bit of a bad smell. 

Some people just really make me wonder. We don’t live in a fascist state. The police really are there to help you in certain situations. I think this would qualify. As long as you didn’t dispatch with the poor homeless person yourself, you have nothing to fear. There are laws here about how to dispose of human remains, and I’m pretty sure mummification by neglect is out of the question.

Becky

No comments: