Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mutual Hand Jobs


Listening to: Locomotive – Guns N Roses (natch)
Mood: Mildly annoyed and fading (the annoyance, not me)

If you take a look at my blogfeed in outlook, I have about ten bazillion blogs that I follow on a regular basis. What can I say? I like writing them and reading them. There are some amazing writers out there and I appreciate the inspiration.

So recently I noticed that a Liebster award was floating around among the blogsters. I know that bloggers (the known ones anyways – I’m pretty much anonymously in-famous) have a certain community. Many of them know and even like each other. Cool. I’m also aware that the Liebster award that I’ve heard so much about is just a made up award that functions as a PR furthering mechanism for blogs to promote the other blogs a blogger likes. You’ll just have to trust me when I say that this post doesn’t originate out of jealousy in any way. The only person I write for is me. 

But with the insane amount of flattery – this is totally lost on me. Nothing wrong with giving a brief shout out to a blog that you like (this is, after all, how traffic is created), but seriously with the paragraphs that go on and on about how amazing someone is. Did you all live in Manhattan in a previous life? This fake assholery is ridiculous. It just comes off as SO fake to me. So you like a blogger. You may even know him/her in person. But why with the foaming at the mouth? I don’t even do this about my best friend…and I love her to pieces. That’s the extent of it. 

Look, if you want to get together and gush about how wonderful you both are…fine. Just don’t make the rest of us sit and watch.

Becky

No comments: