Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Personal Messages from Failed Emails

Listening to: Rain – The Beatles
Mood: Tired and a bit cranky – getting a cold

I tried to send an email to a friend recently. Well, he’s only my friend by proxy – really he’s my husband’s friend. Anyhow, this friend gets along really well with my eldest daughter. We had some cute ballerina dress up pictures that my husband thought he would like to see. I got his email address from hubby and proceeded to send the pictures. Now since I get on average about 6.3 minutes to myself on the computer a day, I got off and proceeded to be a maid/cleaner/milk fetcher for my 2 kids. The next day I got an email saying that the mail was undeliverable. I’m not sure if I had the wrong email address or the picture bounced off his email because it was too big – it really isn’t important. What I did get a huge kick out of was that the email sounded almost as if it were sent by a person. It read, “I’m sorry, I cannot find this mailbox. I have given up.” Now, I’m sure this is either a bot, or an automated response. I just got so tickled that it sounded like a real person. I know, I’m retarded like that. I actually felt sorry for Yahoo mail because it sounded so dejected about not being able to deliver that mail. So thanks, whoever programmed Yahoo undeliverable mail responses, you made my day.
Becky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got his email address from hubby and proceeded to send the pictures. Now since I get on average about 6.3 minutes to myself on the computer a day, I got off and proceeded to be a maid/cleaner/milk fetcher for my 2 kids. The next day I got an email saying that the mail was undeliverable. I’m not sure if I had the wrong email address or the picture bounced off his email because it was too bit – it really isn’t important. www.scottsdalemaids.org