Friday, November 21, 2008

Pet Pedicures and You

Listening to: An Adoption show on Siberian Adoption
Mood: Unanchored.

Wow. It’s been quite a bit of time since I emerged from the time warp black hole that is being a mother of an almost 5 year old and an almost 1 year old. Whew is it good to get some grown up expression out.


I don’t know if you’ve seen the commercials on animal planet about pedicures, but it really cracks me up. We had dogs when I was growing up. I worked at an animal hospital also, so I’m pretty comfortable with cutting animals nails.


The premise of this ad is that if you cut your pet’s nails with a traditional pet nail clipper, you are hurting them and are a terrible pet parent. They even have a vet saying that they always try to eliminate pain in pets (read: and why aren’t you, you jerk?). The schtick is that you should buy a pet “pet-icure” system that slowly files the nail away painlessly. They have lots of cut dogs in the commercial that sit quietly and patiently while their nails are being filed. I haven’t seen too many dogs that will sit still while their nails are slowly filed.


The best part of this advertisement is how they imply that if you don’t use the Pedicure system, you are a horrible person who will cause your pet tons of pain and mental anguish. Really? I think it’s a good concept, but this commercial is too ridiculous.

Becky

No comments: