Mood: Easy. Not that kind of easy! Jeez. Maybe I should have just said relaxed.
Listening to: Macy’s Day Parade – Green Day
Ladies and gentlemen, it’s that time again. Time to take care of some outstanding business. Yet another beautiful blogger decided that I deserve an award. What can I say; I’m not gonna turn it down. Gossip Girl over at Whatever Blog was kind enough to do the honors. Do check her out – she’s lots of fun to read. So here’s the rules.
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog page.
2. Answer (10) questions about yourself
3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Oooh Sunshiney. Aw yeah. Award-gasm going on.
The Question/Answers about me:
1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
There are some neuroses that I could definitely live without…but then I wouldn’t be me. Come to think of it, I like myself as I am so no. Screw it. I like me even with the not so great parts.
2. What's your theme song?
Welcome to the Jungle, GNR. Ok, this should surprise exactly no one. Becky G 101 – I am an unapologetic GNR freak.
3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?
Hmmm. That’s an interesting one to think about. I generally am not a big fan of removing things that make me me, even memories, but let's give it a go.
I visited my family last year before moving to India. My grandparents have a huge house with a finished basement that we sleep in when we visit. I was laying in bed reading and heard my grandma fall on the floor directly above my head. She’s old, unsteady, and has had both knees and hips replaced a few times. I ran upstairs to help my grandfather pick her up (he had a back problem at the time) and found her on the bathroom floor with blood pouring out of her head. It was a superficial scrape, but it scared the shit out of me. My Grandmother may be my favorite person on this earth and seeing her like that was awful. It took me a few weeks to sleep normally after that because every time I closed my eyes, I could see her in my mind all bloody. Yep, that one can go.
4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I actually like this one. Screw you Generation X and your sense of superiority. There are things that I wish I could have experienced (an original GNR concert, the Beatles when they were popular, free love back in the 60’s), but the internet kind of blows that all away. Sorry pop culture, you lose. Plus, growing up in the 80's=priceless.
5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Probably a flintlock pistol style cap gun. It is one serious miracle that I’m not stone deaf by now. My brother and I used to shoot it all the time in our basement, and it was hella loud. Funny enough, I'm still the girl who likes aggressive symbols. It looked exactly like this, only it popped paper filled with little dots of gunpowder instead of shooting bullets:
Seriously mom and dad, who lets kids play with gun powder filled paper???
6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?
I have a serious thing about scrubbing bathrooms. It’s just so satisfying to see all of the dirt and grime disappear.
7. Do you use Twitter?
Yes, but I still don’t get the huge hard on people get for tweeting. I’m not saying I’ll stop, just that I don’t really get it. By the way, if I don't follow you on Twitter, hit me up. I like following people and being followed.
8. Any goals?
Short Term – turn my piano lessons into an afterschool entrepreneurial venture with a tutor, different activities and bank off of it. Take my damn vitamins every day. Actually exercise instead of just talking about it. Go to bed on time. Eat properly. And no mom, I have not grown up yet, even though I'm 30.
Long term – go back to the US and actually settle down in a house, have a dog, etc. I’m getting too old for the wandering. Get a kick ass job and take over a company. Not kidding - I am totally doing that.
9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?
I’m not a big fan of margaritas. If you happened to be talking about red wine, coconut rum or whiskey, I might be tempted. Since alcohol is so jumping expensive here, the answer is a sad no.
10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
I haven’t had that many cars in the first place. My first car was a 1975 Grass Green Ford Granada. Everything was bright green – the paint, the upholstery, the dash, the steering wheel, everything. The transmission crapped out after 2 years, so it didn’t last long after I got my crazy driving self in it. It’s ugliness only increased when someone stole a car and plowed into the side of it one night. From then on it was a wrestling match just to open the door and get it. It was ghettorific. I’m pretty sure it’s a death trap though. They didn’t have fun things like air bags back then and wresting two kids into a 2 seater car is just not something I want to do on a daily basis. Actually, most of this paragraph is a lie. I loved that car hard. Here’s what it looked like, only much GREENER and minus Lee Iacocca. Now THAT would have been epic. I want another one.
The Bloggers I want to pass love to:
1. Michael D’Augostino at The World as I know It. Even though he’s a shameless promoter of peanut butter over nutella, I still love him. Check him out.
2. Lady in Red at A Bozo’s abozzo. Because this chickie is the reason I stuck with blogging this time around. She has currently absconded to the US, but I hope to see more content from her soon. Love her writing.
3. Can’t Keep it in No More blog. This one is relatively new for me, but I love her writing. Check it out.
4. Wily Guy over at It’s my Mynd. More great writing to be found here.
5. Perverted Imp. I know this may not be to every one’s tastes, but I like *her* writing. If you’re adventurous, check *her* out.
6. Pickelope. Half the time, I don’t understand what the heck this guy is talking about, but I always enjoy it anyways. Check him out. Anything referring to a jackelop is a win if you ask me.
7. Pintester. If you are addicted to Pinterest, like I am, and wonder how many of these crafty/recipe ideas actually work, this site is for you. The results are almost always hilarious.
8. Another semi-new one for me, Miz Tink At Mouthy Bitch is great fun to read. Check her out.
9. Something Authorly. Just think of it as a good tickle for your brain. Love the writing on this blog.
10. Last, but definitely not least, The Bitchy Waiter. If you’ve ever worked in a service job, you’ll go nuts for his blog. It is just that funny/awesome. If you haven’t worked in service, you still need to read this to make sure you’re not being a dick to your waiter.
That’s all for today folks. I’ll be back another day with more entertaining content. Thanks again Gossip Girl!
**My apologies to Perverted Imp. I was not trying to do a random gender re-assignment for you, just got caught by some internet anonymity.